Oh my GOSH!!! I FINALLY found my x plus blocks!! I have been looking for them for months and months and FINALLY found them! Now I can get to work making more and hopefully finishing the quilt sooner rather than later!
BUT in the meantime, while searching I came across even MORE UFO's..HORRORS!! I found a cute little Schnibbles with little houses (can't remember the name) just needing the rows sewn together. I'm afraid to dig any deeper into the box as I still have some 'needs to be finished' laying across the back of the couch.
AND I started one more project that hopefully won't wind up as yet another UFO.
This is slated to become another QOV (hopefully) and yet another way to use up some of the stash. I finally got out my Accuquilt GO and started cutting a bunch of the ugly stuff into 2 1/2" strips. Figured that way I could MAYBE sort into colors that play nice together and get enough for a few jelly roll race-style quilts. And a friend called the other day asking if I had a couple of yards I could donate to her daughter for the Heart and Soul group. They make sheets for Cook Children's hospital. I gave her 4 yards and need to talk to her about donating more for the next time they get together. Sheets can be just about anything!!
Also worked on a few more "Scrappy Mountains Majesty" blocks from Bonnie's blog (also in red, white and blue) so I AM using the stash. Just not enough fast enough! :-/
I was powering away trying to complete a top for Diana's project and got nearly there and, for whatever reason, stopped dead in my tracks! Then I got off on something different (which I said to myself I WOULDN'T DO but I did anyway...sigh) and finally this morning decided I needed to get this thing done! I had a lot of these blocks already made up (almost half) and figured it really wouldn't be THAT difficult to make the other half and put it all together. But it wasn't quite as easy as I figured as the blocks were sewn on two or three different machines and 1/4" isn't my best so that made an easy task quite a bit more aggravating. But it's together and just needs a couple more seams pressed then I'll make a backing and ship it off.
The lighting is terrible and the color is off in the photo (dark, gray skies outside and lots of rain yesterday so too wet to take outside to photograph). It's really nice and bright and will, hopefully, bring a smile and a hug to a child in the Russian orphanage where this will wind up!
What briefly took me away from this project were these blocks...
These were started several years ago when Moda was doing their "Just One Star" project trying to get enough blocks collected to make 100 quilts for 100 soldiers. As I recall, the project was a resounding success as they received WAY more blocks than they'd asked for and I can't remember exactly how many but know they made far more quilts than they'd anticipated which was, of course, a good thing! As I continue digging through boxes, I find things I've started and this were some of that find. I've made a few more and will wind up with 18 blocks. I want to put them together in the manner that Moda did and use it as a wallhanging in the living room over the summer. We'll see if that happens for this summer but I doubt it.
Took the three from the earlier post over to the longarmer's today and ran across these two..double ugh! If I do anything else to them before making backs, it'd be an extra border but I dunno..we'll see.
I LOVE the little Ho Ho Ho wall hanging. It MAY just get left as is as at this size, would be a cute little table topper.
I think THIS one would benefit from an extra border because if it were a tad larger, could be the summer entry way wall hanging. This has been laying around in it's present state for YEARS! (head hanging in shame). LOL Tell me, what color do you think would look best as the final border?
Opening boxes and bins around here is very dangerous! A couple of days ago, I dragged 3 in from the garage. I opened one and GASPED! Good GRIEF, how long have these things been laying around unfinished?! I don't even remember when I made these. There were a few that simply needed backings and I have them done and ready to head off to the longarmer--these two and the alphabet quilt are all awaiting her call.
This one really doesn't appeal to me (guess it did when I made it) but by golly it's getting quilted and I will use it as a table topper from time to time. At least it will be done!
Now this one I LOVE and it will be a beautiful addition to the entry way wall hanging rotation (I've had one quilt that's been the entry way wall hanging forever but finished a Christmas wall hanging awhile back for that season and now this one!)
There was also a decent sized Halloween quilt that I'm thinking with a border or two will make a good size kid quilt for a donation to the women't shelter. There was also a pretty fall color quilt that is already good sized and probably with a border would be a great bed quilt for donation to the women's shelter. I'll take pix of those when they're ready for quilting.
And YIKES, there's still another box I haven't gone through yet...SCARY! LOL