Saturday, January 10, 2009

Almost finished!

Almost finished the "Oklahoma Backroads" from Bonnie Hunter's site (www.quiltville.com). Just need to get the backing together and it's going to Julie for her finishing touch. I'm thinking as busy as it is, all that's needed is a cute little all-0ver pantograph. This was made totally from my stash (mostly from leftover scraps though I'm not yet into Bonnie's scrap saver system) and then found the purple for the border in the stash as well. I LOVE it and have another of Bonnie's patterns (Pineapple Blossom) as another stash quilt I'd like to do this year.

The plan is to make 5-6 quilts totally from my stash this year, finish 5 UFO's and make up 2 of the kits I have on hand. Doesn't leave me much time to do anything, does it?! HA

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Sherrill,

The quilt is beautful. I've just recently found Bonnie's site but I really want to try a couple of her quilts. I've definitely got the scraps for it.

Can't wait to see it all finished!

Maureen

Sherrill said...

Thanks for the kind words, Maureen. I really LOVE her site and have a few on my 'to do' list and would really like to do her lastest mystery as well.

Quilt Hollow said...

Your quilt is very pretty. Will you be doing some of her others? She was recently here with Double Delight and I can tell you that in person it is even prettier than on the computer screen.

Sherrill said...

Yes, I have her Pineapple Blossom and Star Struck on my list and hopefully those will be two of the 'totally out of stash' quilts I make this year. I LOVE her stuff!