Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ugly fabric challenge


Well, I was gonna wait to post a pix of this but I couldn't stand it!  I picked it up from the L/A today and was so excited.  This is one of Bonnie Hunter's free patterns (http://www.quiltville.com/) and thought it would be perfect for the challenge.  The ugly fabric is the 2nd rectangle from the left on the bottom row (pink) and I actually kinda liked it this year (I've had some TRULY UGLY fabric in the past).  You get a yard and have to use at least a half yard in the project.  Last year, I used one of Bonnie's patterns but that fabric had to be cut up REALLY SMALL and I actually bleached it into several different looks (bleaching some for 1 min., some for 3, some for more).  Anyway, the ugly fabric challenges have to be turned in by 10/1 and will hang in the LQS for a week or two while everyone votes.  It's always AMAZING what people come up with...I have NO imagination and must depend on the cleverness and creativity of others.

4 comments:

Terry said...

What a beautiful quilt! :0)

MARCIE said...

That quilt is darling! But I fail to find the ugly??? Just goes to show you what they become when you mix them together!

Suzanne said...

Love this one too!

Exuberant Color said...

I'm sorry but the pink and green lovers out there are not going to call this one ugly.
Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. If you go to Edit Profile and put a check mark in front of Show my email, then we can email you back after you leave a comment. I wanted to ask you about the fried butter.