Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This is a project that has been ongoing for awhile but my good friend, Patty Pooh (no blog), reinvigorated my interest in finishing it when I was visiting at her home and saw she had the same project (TOTALLY unbeknownst to me!!) on her design wall!!  It's totally scraps from my stash and was initiated when one of our guild members brought one a few months back for show and tell.  I LOVED it and called her to ask about sizes to cut and ran with it.  I have several scrap quilts in progress that I'm constructing totally (or NEARLY totally) from my stash and think I'm going to start naming them "Etude in Scraps" then numbered like 101, 201, etc.  That's probably totally dopey but I always have such a HARD TIME naming my quilts.  But that's OK, dopey or not, that's what I'm gonna do just to kinda tie them all together.  I have just 3 more rows to finish up this one so it won't be long before the FIRST "Etude in Scraps" is done! YAY!

4 comments:

JoAnne said...

You have time to sew? That program must be done! Love the first "Etude".

Patty Pooh said...

This is awesome WOMAN!

Mary said...

I love it, it's just like my lattice quilt -- I've got just a handful of blocks yet to make but I'm going to set them aside. We've just decided that we'll spend 6-8 weeks at our condo in the N. GA mountains this summer and I need to start kitting up some piecing projects to work on while I'm there.

Lou Fay said...

I really like the look of your quilt!!! Can you please direct me to some instructions on how to assemble it? I am really new to sewing so I need instructions to get me started. Crayon pictures would be nice too. LOL
Thanks,
Lourdes