Thursday, April 22, 2010

Well, I had a fun LOONNGG day with two of my buddies trekking all over the metroplex on the local shop hop/spring fling!!  We headed out this morning at 8:15 on a path for Passtime Fabrics in Gainesville.  A nice shop, a few goodies later and we're headed to Kaleidoscope Quilts in Whitesboro.  LOVE THIS SHOP!  This time around, each shop was giving a pattern for either a table topper, runner or placements PLUS a fat quarter.  If you finish the shop hop, you will receive another pattern which provides for incorporation of ALL patterns into a large quilt!  Hmmmm..will letcha know tomorrrow when I finish.  After Kaleidoscope, we drove all the way the heck out to ROCKWALL (which is a HAUL) for not much of a shop.  Always disappointing.  They didn't even finish their sample table runner!!  BOO!  Then to Lone Star in Arlington, Country Stitches in Burleson, Houston St. in Granbury, Peachtree in Weatherford and Cabbage Rose in Ft. Worth.  YIKES!  Here are my two traveling buds--

Do we look any worse for wear?  This was taken at our last stop after like 10 HOURS on the road!!  That's me on the left with JoAnne and Patty.  Tomorrow or Sat., we'll each (separately) hit the final two so we can be in for the drawings. 

3 comments:

Diane said...

Shop hops are so much fun! A friend and I go to ours every year. I'm starting to make a list of "needs" so I can try to shop wisely....it's a plan anyway!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for driving Sherrill. I enjoyed the ride. Looking forward to the next hop. I hope each shop gives 10 - 6 1/2 inch charm squares like once before. Patty Pooh

Maureen said...

Looks like fun, Sherrill! I would love to go on that Shop Hop some day.

I haven't gotten to even one quilt shop on this trip, yet and it has been almost two weeks. Maybe today . . .