Thursday, May 6, 2010

I took a class yesterday at the LQS using some new-fangled ruler but I forgot my camera.  As soon as I get a few more made and am able to lay 'em out where you could get an idea of what I'm talking about, I'll post a photo.  The main gist of it is you take two 2 1/2" strips, sew them together and lay this ruler on to cut triangle shapes.  Sew them together and VOILA, you have a hexagon.

Now today was sewing with my church group and there were several projects going on.  Here's JoAnne hard at work on one of the projects











and here's the project she's working on











Next is a picture of a few of the gals in the process of preparing a quilt top for quilting.  Most of the gals in our church group are NOT quilters, just wanting to come and learn and help however they can.  We get a LOT done in our group.

I was busy the entire time cutting components for more Home of the Brave blocks.  JoAnne took a BUNCH home as 'homework' and I made some and cut some more once I got home.  I'm TIRED!!

2 comments:

JoAnne said...

Thank goodness my double chin didn't show! Today was a lot of fun - now to go do my homework...

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

I can't wait to see what the new ruler does. Always looking for new rulers...