Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WOOP, there it is!

HALLELUJAH!  I actually have TWO UFO's I'm marking off my list.  The first one is a $5 block from the LQS.  I'm sure most of you are familiar with the concept of going in, paying $5 for the first block and the remainder of the blocks are free if  you bring in your completed block each month.  I have several sets of these completed blocks and decided I HAD to get some of them finished up.  This particular time around, the shop owner offered the 30's colorway or the Christmas and, obviously, I went with the 30's.  At the end, she always offers a different setting for the two colorways.  I liked the setting for the Christmas colorway and this is it--


I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and can't WAIT to take it to the longarmer's.  The back is all assembled with the labeled pieced into it.  All it needs is a good pressing.    The next top is something I found while pulling stuff out of the closet.  I don't EVEN remember when I made this.  I was thinking about adding one more border but then I decided I liked it as is and it's already like 74 X 88.  I'll probably just put a dark binding on once it's quilted.


This second one is a top I found when pulling stuff out of the closet.  It was at this stage when I dug it out (don't even remember when I made it) and I was thinking about putting another border on.  But the more I looked at it, I decided to leave it as is since it was already like 74 X 88.  I'll just add a dark binding to finish it off once it's quilted.  It's nice to be able to mark two more UFO's off the list.

Tomorrow is our Quilting for Christ group at church.  I'll try to remember to take my camera and get some pix (I forgot to take it to guild last night).

5 comments:

JoAnne said...

Good job, girlfriend! I love both of them. You're just clickin' through that list. I finished the baby quilt and made 5 HOB blocks for ya!

Pat said...

what fun finds!
I like both of your UFO's

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Love the diagonal theme of your quilts on this post. The quilts are lovely. Good for you finishing up UFOs!

Quilt Hollow said...

Love your finds! Hee!! Won't it be wonderful to have them both finished up and bound too!

Nancy said...

what a great setting for the 30's quilt! and I really like that blue/pink? one you found... I wouldn't add another border either. Just the binding...