Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I picked up a bag of patriotic fabric from a guild member that wanted to donate it to our church quilting group.  I began ironing it and cutting it into pieces to make Home of the Brave-type blocks.  But then I noticed Wanda's quilt on her website and thought that, too, would be an easy quilt to make for our group (which has a lot of NON-quilters which we are trying to convert! LOL).   I look for blocks that can be trimmed to a uniform size to make it easier on the one (usually me or JoAnne) assembling the blocks into a top.  But I see from the picture that I've put these two together in a way that they won't work the way Wanda's does.  Must recify that and be sure to mention that when we work on them in the church group!!

2 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

I was just talking to a friend today and we were thinking about using this pattern for the soldiers too. It is a good one for a lot of people to work on.

JoAnne said...

Oh, yes, I see. We'll have to watch the position of the darks and lights. Should be fun for QFC.