Thursday, August 12, 2010

BLAH!

I'm kinda out of sorts right now as I SHOULD be in England but I'm NOT...still here in hot, HOT Texas!  We wound up having to cancel our trip due to a family crisis and I did not want to be all the way over in England just in case we were needed HERE!  What a nightmare THAT would've been trying to get back home and the anxiety I would've suffered on the long flight back.  One day, I will reschedule and we'll enjoy it when we go.  In the meantime, I'm looking forward to my quilt cruise in January onboard the HUGE Oasis of the Seas!!  AND I'll just have more money to spend on that trip, right?! LOL

I've been working on this and that and thought I'd show my first few little butterflies I've made.

Nedra did a guest post awhile back at Stash Manicure on these little cuties and I thought they'd be just one more cute idea for using some of my stash.  So I started rummaging around for pieces that were big enough to get two wings and started cutting.  They're just so easy and wonky.  So I'll be working on these along with the bazillion other projects I have going!   YIKES!  I also have at least 3 quilted quilts that need binding so I SHOULD crank those out (but that's BORING!) so they'll just have to wait a little longer.

Just trying to stay cool here (which is no easy task! UGH).

1 comment:

Mary said...

These are very cute. Don't you love things you can put together from your stash?

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip. Keith has been traveling without me so I understand hour disappointment at having to stay home and I hope everything is OK.