Thursday, September 9, 2010

I was out and about shop hopping all over North Texas today.  I think there are 13 shops total and I hit 7 (I think) plus one that wasn't on the hop.  It was a very nice shop and I'd go there again in a heartbeat if it wasn't so far away!!

During the hop, you get a pattern for a different block at each shop and then each shop makes it's own variation of a quilt using those blocks.  This one was very pretty and it was made by Country Stitches in Burleson.  I also REALLY liked the version done by Houston St. Mercantile but hadn't taken my camera in there.  It had an applique medallion-type design in the center.







Common Threads in Waxahachie is big into civil war and repro quilts and they have kits and BOM's for a ton of different quilts.  This was just ONE of the beauties they had hanging pretty much from the ceiling.  LOVE IT!

Now will have to finish up tomorrow.  At least it won't be nearly the driving it was today!  YAY!!

No comments: