Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just a quick post to show off my 'ugly fabric challenge' quilt.  I picked it up this afternoon from the longarmer but didn't get a picture of it til just now.  It's nighttime and the lighting's not the greatest so it really IS pretty than the picture. 





To 'snazz it up' a little, I put these little flowers in opposing corners.  I'm going to fill the centers of both with crystals to add a touch of sparkle.  I doubt it'll be a winner but I still like it and that's what counts, RIGHT? LOL  But speaking of winning, I DID win a $50 gift certificate from Lone Star House of Quilts during shop hop.  And I think I know JUST what I'm going to spend it on.  While in the shop, they had a pretty quilt hanging..it was Emily's Gift by Bonnie Blue and it was really done in such pretty fabric that I'm thinking I just might hafta have it!

On Friday, I'll be heading to the Trinity Valley Quilt Guild's show in Ft. Worth accompanied by my friend Dot from England and her friend Jill who now lives in Keller.  Dot and I met through the Dear Jane list and she's been over before and met with the DJ group at Quilter's Dream in Colleyville.  Looking forward to spending time with her again and seeing lots of beautiful quilts at the show.  Will definitely have pictures to share with you afterwards. 

4 comments:

Diane said...

the quilt is really pretty!

JoAnne said...

Your ugly is prettier than my ugly! Just wait til you see IT! Beautiful quilt.

StitchinByTheLake said...

The quilt is wonderful and I love the corner flowers. I have one quilt I put a little sparkle and just love it. I've only been to Lone Star Quilts one time but it's a great shop - congratulations on your win. blessings, marlene

Elizabeth of Online Fabric Store said...

The quilt is great. This is the first time I have visited your blog; I like the name you choose for it.