Friday, September 17, 2010

OK, a few pix from the Trinity Valley quilt show today.  The first one was the best of show by Sally Brown (yes, THE Sally Brown that won best of show LAST year, too!  WOW!).  So pretty it was..a pattern by one of our local celebrity designers, Alice Wilhoit.  I LOVE Alice, she is one of the sweetest gals I've ever met.







This BEAUTY was made by Sharon Schamber and quilted by Janet Sturdevant Stuart.  It was definitely a show-stopper and over the top!

The next two are of the same quilt--it was part of their challenge which required you to use at least 50 different fabrics in the quilt.  I LOVE the way the maker had the longarmer quilt different sayings all around the quilt.  She said she pulled them from all kinds of sources--pledge of allegiance, national anthem, etc.  BEAUTIFUL.  I'll post a few more pix over the next couple of days.





                       

2 comments:

Monica said...

I was there myself this morning. Wasn't Sharon's quilt just bananas! It was gorgeous. My favorites were all the reproduction quilts on the right side of the building.

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Beautiful quilts! That must have been a wonderful show. Thanks so much for sharing.