Friday, November 5, 2010

class with Karen Kay Buckley

I LOVE Karen!  She does the most awesome applique, she's beautiful and a wonderful teacher!!  She had her Midnight Floral Fantasy on a magazine cover several years ago and when I saw it, I KNEW it had to be our guild's next raffle quilt.  I contacted Karen and she said ABSOLUTELY!  It turned out gorgeous and we were able to raise a tidy sum.  I took her 'Magical Medallions' class yesterday and received a ton of fantastic tips and tricks.  Here's what we were working on...


WHOA!  When I received this pattern in the mail a few weeks before Houston, I'm thinkin' "WHAT have I gotten myself into?!!".  But she had so many neat hints to help make this a little easier that I think I can do it!  YAY!  (but we'll still wait and see--LOL).  Her original pattern had twelve blocks like this and a big ole center medallion.  But she had done four blocks and made it into a cute little wallhanging.
  
















 
These last two were just another two of her designs.  It amazes me how she has all those little circles SO evenly spaced in the circles and outside edges of the one on the left!!

Today my class is with David Taylor and we're working on a hummingbird.  Will post more about that later.

No comments: