Wednesday, November 24, 2010

fall color

We have had the most GORGEOUS weather of late and I have been enjoying it immensely.  I am NOT a cold weather person so as long as we can avoid it, I'm one happy camper.  But the cold is barrelling down on us and will hit us HARD on Thanksgiving Day!  That should be our first freeze.  Sure hope we have a milder winter than last.  It was SO COLD!

Many think here in N. Texas that we don't have a lot of pretty fall foliage.  Well, on just a quick trip this am to drop off my DGD, I snapped a couple of photos to prove we actually do!  Now granted, it's not like fall in New England but we do get some pretty colors here, too.

 

 
Now, I need to keep my eyes peeled for some of the beautiful golds & yellows and try to get pix of them before the freeze knocks all the leaves off the trees.

And today is my anniversary!  DH and I have managed to stick it out for 30 years!!  We were supposed to go on our trip to England this year and had it all planned but then wound up having to cancel for medical reasons (my DS's, not one of us).  So that'll hopefully happen NEXT year and I'm kinda looking at a couple of different destinations.  We'll see......

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

Gorgeous color! I've noticed more color too in just the last couple of days. Brrr! Dreading the cold weather also.

Lori said...

Happy anniversary!!! And Happy Thanksgiving!!

Taryn said...

I think north Texas has its own kind of beauty, open spaces being one of them. And, it has good quilt shops. Happy anniversary and I hope the England trip works out soon.