Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pam Holland's journal quilt class



 

 
On my last day in Houston, I took Pam Holland's journal quilt class.  I was so sad I hadn't planned on staying the entire day--there were only like 10 in the class!!!  Talk about one on one assistance with your designing..MAN!!  I had only planned to stay until lunch and then head out.  She has so many cool ideas and is an incredible artist.  Her sketch books were phenomenal!  Above are a few of her little journal quilts and then there's "American Gothic".  LOVE IT!  The little Chicago quilt--those letters are printed on watercolor paper.  Who'd a thunk it?  Not me, for sure!!  The little dove (sideways) has an actual dove feather stitched onto the quilt.  And the quilting she does on the quilts, even the littlest, is so fantabulous!  Her "American Gothic"--on the back, for some reason, she has bandaids on the old man and old lady's faces.  TOO FUNNY!  I came out outta there with a great start for my own journal quilt.  Now to just find the time.......

No comments: