Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I know you probably think I've been a lazy butt lately since I haven't been posting too much and even less posting about quilty things.  So even though it's not QUITE finished, I'm going to show you one of the things I've been working on...


This is the "Wild Turkey" pattern by Country Threads.  I thought it was SO CUTE and will use it during the Thanksgiving season.  I'm bound and determined to get it done so that it will be a finished quilt
NEXT Thanksgiving.  Plus, I've made mine larger..the original only had four turkeys and I made NINE!  It's all hand appliqued so took longer than if I'd machine appliqued it.   When I'm finished completely, I'll get crackin' on a couple of Christmas quilts which will hopefully be ready for NEXT Christmas.  LOL!


And a couple of gratuitous cat photos...


 
This goofy cat, like most cats, LOVES to crawl into boxes, bags, small spaces.   I got some new sheets and they came in the standard plastic cover thingy.  This was left on the floor and quickly discovered by Mr. Fang.  He crawled in and made himself right at home!  He's such a goober but so darned cute!!

Tomorrow is our final Quilting for Christ group of the year.  We'll be partying a little, I'm sure, as we're all supposed to bring two dozen cookies.  We make up tins for our custodians at church, the gals who do our longarm quilting for us, the church staff and we share the rest!  So I made my standard Rolo's on pretzels topped with pecans.  SOOO easy and SOOO yummy!  We'll also TRY to get some things finished up and taking home 'homework'.  I'll try to take pix.

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

I see why you've been so quiet! Applique IS slow. But it's looking good.

Lori said...

I love the turkey quilt!! Nice work!!

Carrie P. said...

that turkey quilt is a cute pattern.
thanks for coming by my blog. Merry Christmas.