Monday, January 17, 2011

OK, I had a request (a DEMAND really! LOL) to change my blog background.  Was told 'Christmas is over, let's move on'--HMPH!  The NERVE!  HA  I really kinda liked the snowman with the falling snow effect and thought that could probably take me all the way til the end of Jan.  But I guess not!  So switched to one that's just a hint of Valentine's..not SCREAMING.  So there ya go, Judy (punk! LOL).  But I DID leave the falling snow cause it's still COLD!

Today was our monthly quiltsitters and there was, as there always is, some fabulous show and tell.  Couldn't leave you guys outta the loop so here they are...

 

 

 

 










I don't remember the first two gals' names but the green was a king-sized made using Debby Maddy's labyrinth pattern and the second she used a panel..her Christmas quilt is ready for 2011!!  HAHA

Then Margie showed her DH's picnic quilt..said she made 3, two using Aunt Grace fabs (I think) and then the western one for the hubs.  Her 2nd is a $5 BOM from two or three years ago, I think.  I did the same colorway but still only have the blocks.  So Margie's WAY ahead of me there.

Diane brought the star one--was made by a friend's mom and she decided she wanted it a finished quilt for her daughter I think so now it just needs binding and it will be a finished quilt.  The next two are Diane's (she flipped the one just as I was taking the pix and my battery was dying so left it as is).  Finally, Val's cute Buggy Barn hearts..LOVE those colors and then her labyrinth in beautiful colors.  That's all, folks!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Pepto-Bismol Pink! You quilters are a wierd bunch. I still want to know if all those ladies are like you and just quilt all day long? My dream is to make a quilt some day (maybe my bucket list).

JoAnne said...

You should have come see us at bee - I had show & tell. Oh, but your battery was dead. Oh, well, maybe I'll bring it to QFC.

Allyson said...

Loved the show and tell! Thanks for sharing it with us. My favorite is the second picture...the Christmas quilt with those big stars.

Carrie P. said...

You sure do hang out with some talented ladies. this group and your guild, WOW!