Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Well, I had this brilliant idea this evening to drive down to Cowboys Stadium and take a picture in front of the big XLV they had erected outside the stadium.  NOT!  They have the stadium fenced  in, locked up, surrounded and security'd to the hilt.  There was no even getting close unless, of course, you wanted to anty up $40 a pop for a stadium tour.  We decided against that & went to dinner instead.

We ate at El Chico's and, as I headed to the restroom, overheard the hostess telling a guy at the bar that they were selling their parking spots for $200 each on Super Bowl Sunday...WHAT?!!!  So as we were leaving, I had to ask her if I'd heard correctly.  Yep, she said, and that was a bargain!  She said several places around there were going for $500 and up?!  WHAT?!!!  The Wal Mart next door was going to be closed that Sunday--the NFL paid them to be closed so they could sell their parking spots?  I had NO IDEA!!  GEEZ!!  She told me I shouldn't come anywhere near that area unless I had tickets.  I told her not to worry, I would be on my cruise!  She thought that sounded like a much better idea!  Me, too.

I've been working on my 24 log cabin blocks to finish up that BOM ufo.  Slowly, but surely.  What I REALLY need to be doing is getting some more stuff gathered up and packed.  Don't know why I wait til the last minute!  HA  Anyone else like that?

4 comments:

Monica said...

Yep...$200 to watch the game outside the stadium on a big screen. The nose bleed seats are going for around $3k a pop. And the most expensive seats I've heard are around $17k! They're selling the parking spaces because the inside of the stadium is not selling as well as they had hoped.

JoAnne said...

On the packing, I do the same thing. No matter how excited I am about the trip, I still wait til the last minute to get it all together. Have a wonderful time and post lots of pics about it so we can all travel vicariously.

ranette said...

Can you imagine how much money they are paying Walmart to close it doors on one of the busiest days of the week? Oh my gosh...amazing!

julieQ said...

They were even selling parking places around our home...a mile and a half away...for $75!!! Crazy, huh...a good time to stay in and quilt!