Saturday, March 19, 2011

I know, I know, it's National Quilting Day and I DID do some sewing today.  Got the backing done for my "Tree Farm" quilt and it will go off to the longarmer's on Monday.  I'm taking a workshop in April with Gwen Marston (YIPPEE!!) and she wants you to make some components beforehand.  So I made one maverick star ala Bonnie and it turned out adorable (if I do say so myself! LOL).  Also worked on making some ruching for my Baltimore album class but really NOTHING to show you.  So I wanted to show you this---

no, I did NOT take this gorgeous picture.  I waited too late (instead of getting a pix when it was low on the horizon) and my pix didn't come out this good.  Did you know this is the biggest full moon since 1993?!!  They only happen like once in every 18 years and are called perigean moons.  A very gorgeous site up there in the clear, dark sky (here anyway) and you can read more about it at http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/16mar_supermoon/.

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

You had me fooled for a minute! HaHa We went out to look last night also - gorgeous.