Thursday, March 3, 2011

I really feel like I've been making good progress on some of my PhD's (projects half done..HA) and have put together the 2nd project from the cruise.  Now all it needs are the borders and backing and it'll be ready to ship off to the longarmer--

This is Lynne Hagemeier's project using a layer cake, charm pack and her 'five and dime' ruler.  Such a quick, easy project that'd be a nice gift when one is needed on short notice!  Sandy Klop's project will probably be a LONG time in the works (if I ever get around to finishing it..YIKES!). 
And finally, TADA, borders on and backing is cut, ready to be sewn together and this'll be off to the longarmer's also.  I did get another red & white block done but will wait til I get a couple more before posting another picture.  Tomorrow is the final day of the black, white & bright BOM.  I like the setting they did but think I'll do mine differently.

3 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Both quilts are wonderful------must feel good to have two big ones finished. Be sure to bring them to Show and Tell at guild.

Bev said...

Funny I just sewed my blocks together and was going to finish the borders tomorrow.. Then it goes to the store to be on display for a class.. lol.. looks good.. I like the other quilt that you just put the borders on..

Mary said...

Is the sampler a BOM? I love how it turned out.