Thursday, April 28, 2011

I haven't posted in a few days and that's because I've gotten very little done.  I've worked on my Buggy Barn pineapple quilt that I saw Nedra doing over a Cactus Needle but still haven't gotten it put together.  I DID pick up my beautiful Tree Farm quilt by Edyta Sitar that was started on the Stitchin' Heaven quilt cruise.  Susan Corbett is my longarmer and she ALWAYS does the most GORGEOUS work on my quilts.  This one was NO exception and I'll post a couple of photos later.

Today I did half of the N. Texas shop hop and made a stop along the way to see Lissa Alexander at Moda.  I delivered IN PERSON some of the Just One Star blocks made by members of my guild (Bear Creek Quilt Guild) and of course HAD to get a picture with Lissa.  She was a really busy bee as she's getting ready for market in Salt Lake in a couple of weeks so I didn't want to detain her too long.

 

I wished we'd held up a few more of the blocks but, oh well, too late now.  And the second picture is for Monica over at Happy Zombie and this is some sort of secret gestures she and Lissa make when they see each other--don't ask me!  LOL

Each shop on the hop is giving a different log cabin pattern.  This was the quilt made using their pattern at Lone Star and was my favorite on today's part of the hop.  I have 5 more shops to finish up so I'm sure I'll see at least a couple more 'favorites'!

2 comments:

happy zombie said...

OHMYFREAKINGGAWD! I love that you and Lissa did that! LOVE. IT! Sigh… my week has been made, Sherrill! XXOO

PamKittyMorning said...

You guys crack me up.