Friday, April 15, 2011

I've been working on this UFO the past couple of days.  It's a design by Lynn Roddy Brown in her book "Simple Strategies For Block-Swap Quilts".  She came to our guild a couple of years ago (?!) and taught us the Texas Two Step (quilt not dance, HA).  We were supposed to use scrappy but I wanted to do scrappy in just red, white and blue.  I'm getting close to finishing up the blocks for that one but this one just kept calling to me.  I really love how it's looking up to this point and will try to keep pluggin' away.  Lynn's got some other neat settings for blocks but I shy away from swapping so hafta get the swappy, scrappy look from my own stash! LOL


I'm feeling better every day but have to keep telling myself not to push it.  Don't wanna relapse!!

5 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Reminds me of argyle socks---well, it really doesn't look like argyle, does it? Anyway, I like it. Glad you are feeling better.

JoAnne said...

I like it! Take care of you and get well.

Mary said...

I like it too, I think I have that book here somewhere but like you I don't do swaps, and with a stash like mine I don't need to!!

Taryn said...

That grey fabric you are using is a good choice for unifying a scrap quilt. It is a funny fabric. Not one that calls to me when it was on the shop shelves and now it is gone I wish I had a bolt of it. I am glad to hear you are on the mend. Take things easy.

Lynn Roddy Brown said...

You have a great start on "Lattice Make a Quilt" from my book Simple Strategies for Block-Swap Quilts. If you check my web page LynnRoddyBrown.com in the gallery under quilts related to the second book you will see two versions that were made by other quilters.

I agree with Taryn, the grey fabric is a good choice.

Lynn Roddy Brown