Thursday, April 21, 2011

Well, we're having a good time and good weather so far in San Francisco.  Yesterday, I stopped at one quilt shop, Thimblecreek I think, and it was very nice!  Today, I stopped at the one in Danville (can't remember the name but will look it up later) and it was another cute shop.  We also did a few touristy things like visit Fisherman's Wharf and the Golden Gate bridge.  I was SO PO'd that the Alcatraz tours were booked up so I probably won't get to get out there!  When I checked at home, they had availability but not so today.  BOO!  So I just took pictures of it.  Hmph!


 

 

 


WHAT the HECK is that rocket thingy?  LOL  We were just driving along and I saw it and snapped the picture out the car window.  No clue what it is or why it's there..just thought it was funny.

4 comments:

JoAnne said...

So glad you're having good weather, Sherrill. Great pictures!

judy said...

You didn't get permission from me to leave the state.....

Sheila said...

Looks like fun, and good weather is always a bonus!

Curiosity got the better of me:
http://tinyurl.com/SF-rocket

AnnieO said...

Glad you're enjoying California! DH and I went to Alcatraz on our honeymoon. The only shot of us together was taken there, LOL! It's an interesting place to visit but I liked the boat ride the best :)