Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It got chilly here a couple of nights ago (after many, many days in the 70's & 80's) and, of course, I'd long ago removed extra blankies from my bed.  Soo, with the temps going down into the 40's, there came a need for extra warmth to snuggle under.  While in my closet looking for a quilt to temporarily serve the purpose, I came across an old friend I hadn't seen in awhile.  I really like this pattern from Pat Sloan and love the way it turned out.  But it definitely shows why quilts need to be refolded from time to time to prevent permanent creases in them!!  I also wondered why the longarmer didn't do any quilting in the green border--kinda poufs a little there.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Very good quilting can be wrecked if a spot gets neglected. I have a quilt like that, myself. The quilt still looks great. Refolding is serious work when you have many quilts, isn't it?

JoAnne said...

This one's so pretty. Don't keep it hidden away in the closet!

Kathie said...

I have put the quilt on top of thick bath towels and gave them a light pressing where the folds are and it helps.
yes its good to refold every few months...
I would go and quilt in the green if its bothering you.
I have quilted parts of a quilt after I bound it. it wasn't a problem for me. I hope you keep this quilt out for awhile you did a great job on the applique and fabric choices!
Kathie

YankeeQuilter said...

I'm with Cathy...go ahead and quilt the border. I make it a point to rotate quilts every couple of months to avoid the creases.

Pretty quilt!