Thursday, May 26, 2011

Well, I have yet another STALKER and it's not Judy this time.  My own DH informed me yesterday that I needed to update my blog as he was tired of looking at the 'old stuff'!!!  What the...?  I've been BUSY but not to the point of picture taking.  So anyway, THIS is what I did Monday night--

my #1 son and nephew and I drove up to OKC to see the Mavs take on the OKC Thunder.  It was a raucous, LOUD (can I say LOUD again?) arena and my eardrums were split multiple times during the evening.  But the Mavs overcame and got their 3rd win.  We left the arena about 11:30, made it to the house around 2:45 am, I rolled into bed around 3am and the alarm went off at 7am so that I could take my DGD to school.  That was a VERY short night!  I didn't try to take a nap, instead trying to get some things done.  And we had tickets TUES. night for the Rangers game.  That was the night we had rain, hail, tornadoes and probably other weather-related things going on.  We headed out to the ballpark (I was EXHAUSTED) and wound up leaving after the 3rd inning.  We stayed dry but the hail got us on the way home.  THAT game was rain-delayed and when they finally resumed, it was real late.  The game was over around 1:30am and they LOST!!!  Glad I didn't stick around for that one!

So thought I better show you one of the things I've been working on.  Another blogger was showing HER quilt like this and I just HAD to start it, dontcha know?  This is from Betsy Chutchian's book "Gone to Texas".  I've had it since it first came out and have a few pages bookmarked but hadn't started anything. 

I LOVE the cross block and use it when making the Home of the Brave quilts as well as the Quilts of Valor.  This one is 1/2 the size I normally make at 6 1/2".  Not sure how big I'll wind up making it but probably bed-sized as I like to have quilts that can actually be used.





And last but not least, a gratuitous cat pix.  Don't let the looks fool you--he can be MEAN!!  But usually to non-family members (although he absolutely DETESTS DGD!! LOL).  I was trying to get a good photo of his beautiful blue eyes.  Turned out pretty good, methinks.

OK, back to work!

5 comments:

JoAnne said...

It's about time you got back to blogging! I like the latest quilt project - lookin good!

Betty Lou said...

You really get around, when do you have time to quilt? Quilting in your sleep I guess. Mav's and Rangers in one week, busy girl.

judy said...

Yes, kiddo when do you have time to quilt.....off to all those games and then to quilting shops...then cleaning your house and mowing the yard...Boy, are you one busy lady.

Patty Pooh said...

I miss you my friend! Thanks for updating your BLOG. It lets me know what you've been doing!!!

Taryn said...

Wow, I am ready for a nap after reading about your busy days. Sounds like fun, though. I like the beginnings of your new quilt project.