Friday, June 24, 2011

A friend of mine at church has been battling cancer and has undergone the dreaded chemo and radiation treatments.  Prior to all this starting, she had been working on a baby quilt for an expected great granddaughter.  When she became ill and with all the treatments & side effects, she just didn't have the get up and go to get the quilt done.  She asked me if I could help--of COURSE I could.  Though all I had to do was find someone to do the longarm quilting.  So I asked my bud, passed off the quilt to her on Mon. and picked it up TODAY.  Is that great customer service or WHAT?!!  LOL

 She actually did the embroideried blocks FIFTY YEARS ago and intended to put them into a quilt for her DAUGHTER.  This very same daughter is the grandmother of the new baby that will get the quilt.  How awesome is THAT?  I included a close-up of a couple of blocks to show you how cute they are.  I bet this little quilt doesn't get used a whole lot as it's so special and has already been around a very long time!!

5 comments:

Betty Lou said...

What a special quilt for baby, mom and grandmother. Your a good friend------kudos to you longarmer.

Judy said...

Oh my Gosh...it turned out beautiful. You are the best along with the longarmer gal. I bet Loretta will be thrilled! What a special baby blanket.

Sandra said...

Wow, what a great finish for a long time UFO. Kudos for helping with the great finish.

AnnieO said...

A treasured quilt at last--already vintage! Love it.

Dee said...

Beautiful quilt and what a tremendous thing for you to do for your friend and her family, how special. Doesn't really surprise me, you're always ready to lend a hand wherever the need may be.