Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just thought I'd post a couple more pix from the trip and then back to quilting!!  We got home last night around 9pm--a LONG ride home.  So nice to be back in my own little bed!  Yesterday morning early, I took a couple of things out to the car and the sun was just coming up over the mountains.  I didn't have the best vantage point from which to take a picture so there are a few things in the way but you get the 'picture', right?!!  HA

 

Then, on the way out of town, I stopped to grab an earthcache.  If you're not into geocaching, you have NO clue what I'm talking about but I kinda describe it as a scavenger hunt using a GPS.  Boyscouts used to do it and called it orienteering (don't think they used GPS's though).   I love it and it often takes you to the most interesting places and you see things you might not have otherwise.  This is the mineral hot springs formation in the middle of downtown Pagosa.












I've been working on putting my civil war cross block quilt together today and hopefully will finish it off tomorrow and have a picture to show you (we'll see how that works out!!).

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Beautiful sky!

We have done any caching yet, but I'm sure we will. Although, Alan really isn't into the virtual geocaches that are in the National Parks.

Stay cool! Maureen

Betty Lou said...

Welcome Home----beautiful pictures.
Still don't understand geocaches, but that's O.K.