Thursday, July 7, 2011

This is a UFO that's been in the works for some time now.  I've always loved this block, the one I've made a gazillion times before in the making of the HOB quilts and QOV's.   I decided to use some of my voluminous collection of civil war fabrics to make my own.  These blocks are smaller than I normally make--9" as opposed to the usual 12".  I have one more row to add to the right side then will most likely add the sashing and cornerstones around the outside followed by one more border.  Ooo, I LOVE it!!

4 comments:

Betty Lou said...

It is beautiful, how do you quilt these quilts?

JoAnne said...

Gorgeous!

Lois Evensen said...

Very, very pretty!

Karen said...

I made a sofa size quilt from this block pattern quite some time ago. The block looks so good in Civil War repro fabrics.