Saturday, January 19, 2013

I went to our church quilting group on Thurs. and brought home several things to work on.  Guess we're only meeting once a month in the upcoming year and we don't seem to get much accomplished in that one meeting a month.  If it weren't for lots of home sewing, don't know that we'd really have anything to show for our efforts.  I took a pretty good sized bag of novelty fabric bits and pieces to make a quilt (or two or three) out of blocks like this.  Nothing had been done with it since I took it up there so I spent a good part of the day on Thurs. cutting more squares of the novelties and then brought them home.  I took my little rugrat nephews out geocaching today and once I got home, did a little bit of sewing.  I think these will be so cute in the quilts and will hopefully make some little kids happy.
 
I also cut some red, white and blue fabric into pieces to make some QOV blocks using the same style as the HOB blocks.  They're just such a forgiving block as they're made big and trimmed to 12 1/2".  Also cut enough for 9 (I think) patriotic sausage pillowcases to be sent when we send the next batch of QOVs to Alycia

No comments: