Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tofu!!

Is this 'setting' starting to look familiar?  Do you think I like soup?!!  Well, you'd be right if you answered yes to both questions.  Our ingredient of the week from Judy L was TOFU!  And when she posted, I knew JUST what I was going to make.  I LOVE hot and sour soup but have never made it myself, only eating it out at oriental restaurants.  So I searched my favorite, go-to recipe site and found a recipe that was minimalist in the ingredient dept.  I made it this evening (sans cabbage) and while it was OK, it didn't taste like the same soup I eat in the restaurants.  Maybe it just didn't have enough ingredients!  HA  So, while this doesn't get 5 stars (or maybe even 4) from me, this is the recipe I used.   I may try one of the other, ingredient-ladened recipes from the site since I have tofu, green onions and mushrooms left over.  And I promise, I'll get a different tablecloth on before the next picture-taking session.

5 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

It looks like comfort food to me. :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

I confess I've never bought tofu, let alone cooked with it. But if I were going to it would definitely be for soup. :) blessings, marlene

Diana in RR,TX said...

It's hard to get the same taste as you get in a resturant. I keep trying too. We go to several places here and each one has a different tasting hot and sour soup. But it is fun to experiment!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is a good time of year for soup if you live where it is cold! Once you find a recipe that you give 5 stars, you probably won't order the soup in restaurants anymore! That is what happens to me anyway, LOL! Cheers! Evelyn

Julianne said...

This does sound good..I may find that I really do like tofu after all.