Thursday, January 31, 2013

JoAnne picked up two of the Home of the Brave quilts from Cindy, the longarm quilter, and promptly took them home and sewed the binding on.  But the handstitching part bothers her hands sometimes so she told me she had some 'work' for me.  YAY!  I thought I was going to have to do all of the binding stuff but only the handstitching?  Man, did I ever get off easy!!    Now we're gonna have to slow down on our charity quilting for a little bit because (poor) Cindy is leaving for Tahiti....awww, poor poor Cindy!  But she better get lots of rest and relaxtion while she's away cause we're gonna load her down when she gets back!   LOL  No, we really appreciate her willingness to help us in our charitable endeavor.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Monica said...

I know those quilts are greatly appreciated by the families that receive them. I have a friend who lost her son in Iraq in 2006. She was very touched to receive a quilt from Home of the Brave.

AnnieO said...

Those are really beautiful quilts. Your efforts will of course be much appreciated!

audrey said...

Love the pattern of your quilts! Very nice work!

Stella Nemeth said...

Those are two beautiful quilts. How neat that you don't just slap something together, but make something that will be cherished.

Quilter Kathy said...

Fun! Enjoy the binding! Thanks for linking up!