Sunday, January 20, 2013

Plodding...

What's the saying--'slow and steady wins the race'?  Don't think I'll ever win any races but hopefully will get er done eventually.  I'm thinking either 5X6 or 6X7 (blocks are 10.5" unfinished) with a 5" border will be a great kid size..what do you think?  Won't make you suffer with it everytime I get a few more blocks done.  Next time will be when it's a flimsy.
 
This week in Judy's "What's for dinner" weekly 'challenge', our ingredient is creamed corn.  I'm with Judy-don't particularly like it plain out of the can but I do SO LOVE the creamed corn at Babe's Fried Chicken (I think only around these parts, that being north central Texas).  And it's good used in lots of dishes.  I chose to make corn fritters..something I used to make with some regularity but haven't made in I don't remember how long.  This is the recipe I've always used and it's just as easy to link to it here as to type out my recipe!  HA  SO YUMMY with the syrup on top.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Have only had Babe's corn a few times when visiting family, but love it and the corn from Rudy's Barbecue. This recipe is a good copycat!
Crockpot Creamed Corn
32 ounces frozen corn, thawed
12 ounces cream cheese
1cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup butter
Place all in crockpot and cook on High 2-3 hours stirring occasionally.

Harriett said...

the fritters sound yummy. I'll have to put them on my someday list.

Julianne said...

The fritters sound good. I may just have to give them a try.