Monday, January 14, 2013

Snow pellets and spinach

YIKES, is it cold out this morning (I know, it's all relative depending on where you live)!!  I peeked out the back window and saw a little bit of white stuff on the lawn.  There was a cushion close to the door and it caught my eye so had to go check it out.

It almost looked like very small styrofoam-type packing pellets. Snow pellets. Not much, just a little but something different. Fortunately doesn't look like this type of 'snow' will cause any problems on the street.

 
 

This week, Judy L said our ingredient for her "What's Cooking" project would be spinach.  I immediately knew what I was gonna make--Zuppa Toscana style soup.  When it's this cold (I know, I'm a weenie), soup or chili are the first things I think about.  I have been a faithful follower/user of allrecipes.com for a LONG time now.  So many good recipes and reviews on there.  This soup is no exception.  I alternately use spinach or kale and really like either one though I'm pretty sure OG uses kale in theirs.  MAN, was it good!!!

 
 

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

Looks delicious! I love spinach but have never tried kale. Not a food adventurer--more like a chicken!

Judy Laquidara said...

I love that soup. In fact, I had some in the freezer and took it out today for our lunch tomorrow. Thanks for participating in the challenge.

tspoon said...

This looks good.

Cindy said...

I love this soup and never thought about making it. Thanks for the recipe! Now I know where to go to get the instructions.

Cassandra said...

Your soup looks really good!