Monday, January 14, 2013

WHOA!!  You never know what you're gonna find when you're actually diggin' around for something else!  HA  I was working on an Easy Street block (singular!!) and borders on a QOV (semi-done) and for quite some time have been looking at pieces for blocks that lay on top of my machine.  I thought I knew where the completed blocks were along with the magazine that has the pattern in it.  I went in search of those but could not find them.  They must be in my closet on the shelf with many other WIP's.  Did not check there but DID find this UFO.  Have NO CLUE how long ago this was started but the center was in three pieces and the borders were already pieced.  So I got the center together and two of the borders on.  Maybe I'll get the other two borders on today and then there's a checkerboard border that's the final border and much of that is done but still needs quite a bit.  I'm not even that crazy for 30's fabrics anymore but it's nice to find one so near to completion that it's doable!  YAY!!

6 comments:

JoAnne said...

Beautiful! Sure you don't want me to finish it for ya?

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your UFO is so pretty! I think 30's quilts are classic... I bet you will fall in love with it as you work on it.

AnnieO said...

Charming 30's colors and big bonus by finding it so near done! It is odd when we put things away that are close to the end--why do we do that? Anyway, terrific quilt!

Lori in South Dakota said...

That was a pretty good find! Jacob's ladder blocks???

Nancie said...

Wow, what a find-an almost completed UFO. The pattern and colors look great. I read through some of your recent posts and you have been keeping yourself busy. I was so sorry to read about your dear husband passing away last year.
Praying for you, Nancie

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sherrill, It is fun to find projects tucked away that are near completion. I love vintage 20 & 30's fabrics-because I have an antique quilt, made my hubby's grandma, hanging in my sewing room. It is pastels and I cherish it. It covers an entire wall. I hope you are staying in and staying warm. BTW, I am now following you.
xxxNoreen