Saturday, January 5, 2013

Yesterday was my birthday but I did not celebrate by choice.  At this point, I still see nothing to celebrate.  So instead, I spent the day sewing on mostly donation projects.  I did do a little bit of putting a couple of units together for Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery but no photos til I get a little farther along.  I did get the center of my New Year's Day QOV-along (designed by Judy L) put together and now just intend to add a gold inner border and probably a blue print outer border.  I really like it and plans are to get another couple of very similar quilts done before too much time passes.  Alycia does such a wonderful job collecting and distributing these quilts to our brave fighting men and women.
 
This is a baby quilt done jelly roll race style that was going to be headed for the teen mom cottage I talked about in the last post.  But I found out that another group had already donated quilts for the cottage (lapse in communication, I suppose).  Don't want to 'over give' in the quilt department so will hold onto these quilts--a need will arise and these will be ready and waiting.

On a terribly sad note, my Oklahoma Sooners lost to those creepy Aggies and their freshman sensation, Johnny Manziel!  UGH!  You'd think the Sooners could've worked harder to give me a Cotton Bowl win for my birthday!!!!  But NO!  Creeps.

6 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Still laughing at you last paragraph and so sorry Oklahoma did give you a birthday gift. Ha Ha Ha, (me still laughing.) Your quilts are great, will check out the QOV pattern from Judy. How did you size down the Jelly Roll Race quilt to baby quilt? Ha Ha 981casHa, still laughing.

AnnieO said...

Judy's QOV pattern is really attractive, and would be great in other colors too. I didn't do Bonnie's mystery but the reveal was exciting. Sorry your Sooners crapped out :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

I think my husband played football the day he came out of the womb and played until he graduated from college. Then he coached it for 10 years. Now our son coaches football. Needless to say I am footballed out! However, I do understand that it is quite disappointing when "your team" isn't successful. If my husband's team lost I used to refrain from speaking in his presence for several days. :) In your case I'm far enough away to hazard a comment or two! blessings, marlene

Judy Laquidara said...

Oops! :(

Judy Dietrich said...

Well Happy Birthday!!! My birthday is in December and get bypassed all the time because I have 2 grown sons and a selfish husband!!! I am glad you were able to sew on your birthday--it always helps to have quilting in my life. I am sorry for the loss of your husband. My husband is an alcoholic and I hardly saw him this whole summer through football season. I am alone alot of the time--an am always waiting for a call in the middle of the night. Well I got if right before New Year's Day. He got his third DUI. He was in jail for 4 days. I got to watch my Cornhuskers lose to a really good Georgia team on New Year's Day by myself. My mom has dementia and so my dad spends all of his time dealing with her. I am at her house right now babysitting so my dad can go out to lunch with a friend!!! I really know what you mean about a terrible year--and knowing that we are going into a year that ends in 13 did not make me feel much better!! Now I am trying to find a way to make things normal around here--quilting helps--so does crochet. I hope you can find some friends around your area to help keep you interested in things. Your family will come around. Keep in touch if you need to talk--I would love the company!! Judy

Alycia said...

Your quilts look great!!! And Happy Birthday anyway!!! we love you!!