Saturday, March 30, 2013

This Easter

With Easter tomorrow, it's bringing back a lot of memories of what I was doing and what we were facing last Easter.  We did not get to attend Easter services last year as our flight to LA prior to Frank's second brain surgery was on Easter Sunday.  SO many firsts still occurring since Frank left me to be with his heavenly Father.  I still miss him so....

I attended Secret Church last night at The Hills Church of Christ.  If you've never attended a Secret Church simulcast, you have definitely missed out on a blessing.  Frank and I attended one at our own church last year but he was having a very difficult time following and David Platt (the pastor) goes at a rapid-fire pace.  The topic last night was "Heaven, Hell and The End of the World".  While I have been doing a LOT of soul searching over the past year, this reaffirmed (to me anyway) that I have not been doing what God has called each of his children to do.   There are so many out there who believe in God and think they are destined for heaven.  In order to be certain, we must 'study to show ourselves approved' and then 'go, tell'.   The focus on last night's simulcast was the Chinese Muslims and, in particular, the Hui people.  It just STRUCK me how we are SO blessed to live in a country that allows us to worship as we please without fear of reprisal (usually) and without being rejected by friends and family.  These people are SO Muslim, it's part of their being and IF they convert to Christianity, they are rebuffed by everyone, forced out of their homes and communities and wind up alone.  And one last interesting tidbit--the country of Maldives is the ONLY country in the world that REQUIRES it's citizens to be Muslim.  WOW!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Have a wonderful Easter day and hope you can find peace in all the wonderful memories I know you must have. Kathie

StitchinByTheLake said...

Very interesting Sherrill...I've never heard of Secret Church before. We were able to go to church freely this morning and worship just as we wanted; such a blessing. I can say, "He is risen!" to anyone I want with no fear of arrest. I felt called to go back to work this year after 9 years of retirement. When asked about it I have to just say....He said serve others and He didn't mention retirement. :) blessings, marlene