Tuesday, March 19, 2013

WOW, it's been awhile..but I've been busy cruising!!  We sailed from Miami aboard the Carnival Glory (I think the ONLY one that hasn't experienced difficulties lately!!!)  We did have a bit of unfortunate excitement with not one but TWO medical evacuations.  The first was after we'd sailed about an hour out of Nassau and had to turn around to take a crew member for medical treatment.  After that sidetrack, we wound up getting into St. Thomas late and our shore excursion to St. John for snorkeling was cancelled (BIG :-(((!!!)  Then the evening before we were to arrive in Grand Turk, we were notified the powers that be had decided that we would skip the island because of an unusually large number of cases of (I'm assuming) a digestive bug aboard ships after they'd visited.  SO instead of a port of call on Fri., we had two sea days before returning to Miami.  So while it could have been so much better, it was pretty good and we had a pretty good time.  Totally unimpressed with the menu this time around and will definitely let Carnival know about that and a few other gripes.  I'm sure they're getting a LOT of that these days.  I'll share a couple of photos today to show I ain't lyin!  LOL

The top photo is Atlantis through the trees and the second is the Queen's Staircase (too many steps for me!!).

3 comments:

Monica said...

Fun! I'm glad you had a good time. I bet the places you visited were beautiful.

I've always wanted to take a cruise. Living in Florida is definitely going to make taking a cruise easier. I'm sure going to miss Texas though.

JoAnne said...

Hey, glad you're back! Sounds like you had some fun, if not everything you had planned. Looked like good weather.

judy said...

I want to know how many steps did the queen have to climb?