Monday, April 15, 2013

RAGGGGGS

Got a second rag quilt done..I still really enjoy making these, they're so 'freeing'!  LOL  Our group leader at the church quilt group has a goal of making 100 quilts for the 'Quilts Beyond Borders' organization.  I was looking at their blog the other day and noticed several of the boys wanted to trade in their quilt for a 'soccer' quilt.  So when I was in JoAnn's, I noticed some soccer fabric and bought the remainder of the bolt (which was just over a couple of yards).  I cut it into something like 24x21 in. pieces and am just going to put 12.5" borders around the center piece to bring it up to their size requirements, which are like 45x48 because they said it fits on the kids' beds better.

Now I NEED to get busy making curtains for my two little nephews' bedroom.  That is like one of my LEAST favorite things to do but I will do it for them!!  HA  Nothing fancy--I'd just rather be doing something/anything quilty!

1 comment:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Yup! I'm just down the road from Boomer and Sooner!