Monday, April 22, 2013

Scrappy Trips

I started another scrappy trips after seeing some brighter examples lately.  Now I realize this is just BARELY a start but I'm thinking I want to make this queen size so I can replace my present fall-colored batik quilt that now resides on my bed.

I'm also very excited that I found a border for my "Easy Streets" quilt and will, hopefully very soon, get those on and get her off to the longarmer.  I LOVE that quilt and get ooo's and ahh's everywhere I take it. 

After church quilt group last week, I brought home yet more homework.  UGH!  But it's stuff I love to do..got another rag quilt finished up and have a couple more of those to work on.  But I still haven't finished the curtains for my nephews so I WILL get those done this week.  Also have a project to do with them for their mom's Mother's Day present.

10 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I'm enjoying my scrappy trip around the world also, I like your bright colors!

Chris said...

I started my scrappy trip this week too and it is fun. I like the brights you are using. I seem to have a lot of dark colors.

Paula, the quilter said...

I've been thinking about starting a Scrappy Trip once I get this applique quilt/flimsy done. I like to alternate the type of quilts I make.

Cindy said...

They look great! I've done a few of the scrappy blocks and they were fun! I put red as the center line to try and put some kind of order in it. I need to pull it out and get back to work on it!

Gari in AL said...

Your block inspires me to get into my stash and start some trip blocks. I think I am catching the bug. And I know what you mean about Easy Street. I have been sleeping under mine for the last couple of months and wake up every morning smiling at it. And I had to go out and buy border fabric, too.

Anonymous said...

I love your colors in the quilt....happy colors

judy said...

Anonymous that's me
Judy

Carrie P. said...

I got some really pretty fabrics that I am going to use in that pattern. I have been seeing them on lots of blogs and I just love the look.

AnnieO said...

I still have a scrappy trips on my to do list...going back to work full time has seriously cut into my sewing! Yours looks great. Good luck on completing all your homework and sewing jobs!

Sue Daurio said...

Love the brights!