Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's been a LONG time since I remember actually sewing anything.  Probably not as long as I remember but pretty sure it's been quite awhile.  But I decided I needed to get busy putting some of my ton of scraps into something for donation.  I really like Bonnie Hunter's Dancing 9 patch (I think that's what she calls it) and I'd started her Scrappy Trips quite some time ago with white running thru the center of each block.  So I've been cutting 2 and 2.5" strips for those (or digging them out of the bin).  And I saw a beautiful Pineapple Blossom also patterned by Bonnie on another blog made in Christmas colors and LOVED that idea so have been cutting pieces and parts for one of those as well.

But the one thing I DID do today was try out a technique I saw over on Paulette's blog that looked interesting.  That's a TERRIBLE picture and the color  isn't right but at least you can kinda see the design, can't you?!  I've been cutting 11" squares to be used in these blocks as I cut the above pieces for the other projects.  Paulette's is all pretty in blues and tans but mine's just gonna be totally scrappy doo!  I'll try to do mostly brights and most likely will go to the women's shelter.  I like this technique as the finished block looks like it would be much harder than it was.  And I ALWAYS like things you can trim down.

Still in the middle of various and sundry remodeling projects.  Went and picked out granite today so we'll see how long that'll take.  Picked out carpet and bathroom flooring but need to get everything measured so that can be ordered.  And tomorrow have 3 peeps coming to give me estimates on replacement windows.  $$$$$ is all I see when I dream and those $$$$$ are flying out of my bank account!!!!

2 comments:

JoAnne said...

I like the block - it does look hard! We used lanham for our windows and we're happy with them.

Judy said...

I wrote quite a letter and it didn't take.......will call you sometime....got a question about Angie List