Thursday, October 31, 2013




Just had to share this beautiful quilt which was one of the many winners from the Houston Quilt Festival.  Drawn to this one as (I believe) the name was "Oklahoma Windsong" and the maker is from Oklahoma City!!  I grew up in Oklahoma City and still consider myself part Okie, part Texas (even though I was born in MD!!).  Those beautiful birds in the quilt are Scissor Tail Flycatchers and the state bird of Oklahoma .  BEAUTIFUL!!  I am constantly amazed at the creativity of so many quilters (unfortunately, I am not one of them).


2 comments:

Gwen said...

That quilt is a beauty! The birds are great, but I don't think they are the state bird. I was taught that the mockingbird is the state bird and it is illegal to kill them. Thank you for posting the beautiful quilt and being part Texan! Hugs!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wow Sherrill - this is amazing! I'm okay at following a pattern but something like this...no way! blessings, marlene