Tuesday, January 28, 2014

11 done

But only 9 pictured..one is on the dining room table with three pieces of fabric laying on it that will become door and window pieces.  The 11th is still in 3 strips (chimney strip, roof strip and house strip).  I have managed to get some of the doors and windows done and hopefully it won't take too long.  I DID manage to get a lot of the pick up/clean up done in the two spare bedrooms so maybe they'll be presentable next week but I think the sewing room is a lost cause for now.



I'm liking this!!











The rest of the day has been spent making food for our monthly Ronald McDonald dinner.  I've probably mentioned before that my Sunday School class takes dinner once a month to the residents staying at the house.  The gal who coordinates it does such a fantastic job of doing a variety each month and making sure it's more like a home-cooked meal.  So many organizations bring in spaghetti or tacos and the house manager has said they really get kind of tired of those (even though they ARE grateful for any food brought in).  Tonight we're doing meatloaf (eww, dog food!!) and rotisserie chicken (can you guess what I'll be eating?!) with vegetable casseroles and desserts.  There's always a fresh salad and bread included.  I'm taking sweet potato casserole, sweet baby carrots and a peach & cream cheese torte.  After we serve anyone who comes for the meal, we sit down to partake and then put everything away and clean up.  It's such an enjoyable time to be with such wonderful friends providing a much needed service and having fun doing it!





2 comments:

JoAnne said...

Love the houses! Cute!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm loving those houses too Sherrill. :) But I'm loving your service to others more - how thoughtful to have something other than the easy to serve lots of people meals! blessings, marlene