Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Uh oh, here we go

OK, so I've shown a couple of new projects I've started recently and there are a couple more I've found that I want to start.  UGH!!  This is probably one of the biggest downfalls of trying to cull a burgeoning batch of magazines and books.  I thumb through each and every one--if there's a project or projects within the pages that calls to me, I hang onto it.  If not, it gets repurposed.  I took a couple of bags and an armload full of these "to be repurposed" publications to my (at least WAS) friend, JoAnne, who was going to take them to guild.  I no longer belong to the guild but she does and they have a magazine table as a fundraiser where old magazines can be purchased for a quarter.  Not sure what they'll do with the books.

One of the additional new projects I want to start was done a year or so ago as a BOM led by some blogger (no clue which one but I saw it on a few blogs) and I believe it was called "Under Construction" where 12 house blocks were made one per month.  It was marked a long time ago in the book as something I wanted to do and I still want to so started pulling fabs (this will all be from stash) and doing a little cutting.  Here's a photo of one of the finished projects so you'll have an idea of what I'm talking about













But to offset the new starts, I decided I would also attempt to restart on two WIPs.  There's the pineapple blossom from Bonnie's site in red and green for Christmas based on this photo I saw from someone's blog that they'd seen in a show.




The other restart would also be from Bonnie's site--her scrappy trips around the world that I started not too terribly long ago.  I've shown a few blocks along the way, the ones with white running through the center of each block.  Every time I see one of the scrappy trips made up, I always think to myself that I really need to get busy and get that finished.  They're so pretty!!  So, that is my plan (for today anyway! LOL).  What do they say about the best laid plans of mice and men?  Yep!




 

1 comment:

Monica said...

Good choice of projects to work on! I made the pineapple blossom quilt a few years ago out of Kansas Trouble prints. Sadly though it hasn't be quilted yet. It's sitting on a hanger waiting. You've inspired me to get it finished. ; )