Thursday, February 13, 2014

Blocks and tomatoes

 After my appt. with the tax man, I ran by the hospital only to see two friends coming out just as I pulled in.  The surgery was way quicker than they had initially thought & it was over by the time I arrived and everything went well!  YAY!  So here are 3 of the 4 scrappy trip blocks sewn together but, obviously, not pressed.  Now I need to find the rest of them and see exactly where I'm at with this project!
I can't remember if I've ever shown pictures of my 'miracle' tomato plant.  I planted this after I moved in here and it was not enough time before the weather turned cold.  So I drug the pot into the garage (no heat, no grow light) and drug it back outside everytime it was warm enough.  Well, the plant thrived and grew and bloomed like crazy.  Little tomatoes began to form.  How wild is that?!!  This one I picked about a week ago and left in the window to ripen.  Now I need to EAT it!!  LOL
 Here's the plant outside today and I think it will be able to stay out over the next several days as the temps will remain in the 40's at night and 60's-70's in the day.  It should be fine if it didn't croak in the garage over the winter.
 The plant is covered in blooms so even more tomatoes should be forming very soon.
There are already several tomatoes in various and sundry stages of growth.  It just absolutely amazes me!!!

1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Ok now that's a miracle! I love fresh tomatoes and am totally jealous. :) blessings, marlene