Wednesday, February 5, 2014

First 'finish'

I've noticed since the first of the year that several quilters have posted finishes where it was just a binding or some other little detail that the quilt required to be finished.  I feel a little guilty posting mine as a finish as all it needed was like 1 1/2 sides of binding that needed hand stitching down to finish it off.  But it IS finished now (as before it was only ALMOST finished) so I'm claiming my first finish of 2014.



This was one of those $5 block a month at the LQS where if you finish and bring in the completed block from the month before, you get the next one free and if you work it right the entire quilt top (sans borders and setting blocks)  only costs you $5.  Pretty good deal if you ask me!!  The gal that quilted this one for me always commented when anyone brought theirs in for show and tell  that the one extra dark block stuck out like a sore thumb.  It never bothered me much but it does stick out in the photo.  I still like it though.

The 2nd BOM of the quilt doodles (the one with the cute snowmen row) posted and it's an adorable log cabin.  I have a feeling this is going to be ONE CUTE QUILT!  I need to get busy building the log cabin so I don't fall behind.  And I have one more house under construction and then finish up the windows and doors and that one will be well on it's way to completion.  I had to put up all my sewing mess for the ladies' visit last night which was a lot of fun.  Now I can get all the junk out again and sew to my heart's content!  YAY




 

1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sherrill I really, really love this quilt! I love the colors and the whole layout. Great job - and really no matter how much or how little you needed to do it needed to be finished and you did it! blessings, marlene