Monday, February 24, 2014

Hmmmm....

It just absolutely BOGGLES my mind how many things I've started and, for whatever reason, never finished.  I'm continuing to go through the bags and boxes of stuff I moved to the new house and just dumped in the garage.  I'd really like to get all of the boxes emptied out (there are a few things I'm looking for specifically but have yet to find :-( ) and as I drag stuff into the house I'm thinking to myself  'where the HECK am I going to put all this stuff?!!'.  Remember this as you buy and buy and buy with no real plan as to what you're going to do with it.  There's a good reason to have SOME stash but I know there are a lot of you out there like me who've just bought because you liked it or because it was on sale or some other 'good' reason.  I do NOT want to leave all this crap for my kids to have to deal with someday (hopefully not in the real near future) as I'm sure they'll be thinking 'she really was the nut job I thought she was'.  Here are just a FEW of the started projects--

 

 

 

I really still like all of these little bit and pieces of projects started long ago (must be LONG ago cause I don't remember starting any of them--YIKES!) and the first one, the economy block, is large enough that I don't think it would take much to make it into something large enough for a donation quilt.  The string star piece I think I'll put another border on and just make it into a table topper.  There are two sets of house blocks as you can see, one of which is joined together and the other still needs to be.  That one MIGHT be able to be made into a baby quilt.  And those cute little bowties are the 3D variety.  Haven't done those in awhile so will have to look for directions and see about making some more of them for a baby quilt as well.  Guess that would count for finishing up some UFO's, huh?  The other two will hafta wait awhile.  I'm really skeerd about what else I will uncover as I dig through more bags and boxes!!
 
Later I'll take a few pix of what I've been currently working on..just more a little of this and a little of that.  Brought a box home from the church group the other day that had a bunch of pieces I'd cut long ago for the HOB-style blocks and put a few of them together but they're not trimmed yet.  Also brought home the blocks for a rag quilt.  The projects continue to mount--UGH!!

2 comments:

LA Paylor said...

Oh the ufos are so many around here, I'd not be able to show pictures of all of them. Honestly. You are in good company.
LeeAnna
lapaylor.blogspot.com

JoAnne said...

I've made one like the string X blocks and I think it was on Bonnie Hunter's website under charity quilts. I always liked how it turned out. I think it was donated long ago. Guess you'll be bringing me the economy block top so I can border it and git er dun!