Sunday, March 2, 2014

GOOD GRIEF!!!

 I know we're not alone here in Texas with this crazy winter weather.  But most places aren't having quite the drastic swings in temps we're having.  Yesterday was 80+ and today we're having sleet and it's FREEZING!!!  There's icy crap on everyone's roofs and lawns and even on my chaise lounge where just TWO DAYS ago I was lounging getting a little sun!  Right now, I have a roaring fire in the fireplace.  I cannot WAIT til this is behind us and warmer weather is here to stay (though I know when it's HOT and over 100 this summer, I'm going to be eating my words!!!).

I got five, count em five, more alphabet blocks done and, since I'll most likely be in most of the day tomorrow, hopefully get them finished up tomorrow.  Then it will just be a matter of getting the side & bottom strips on, making 4 or 5 of the filler blocks and I can stitch it all together.  This may possibly be my first finish of 2014 but then again it may not.  HA!!

1 comment:

Pickles Quilting said...

It is the same in Arkansas. Warm one day, icy the next. Crazy weather! But I do love the winter months, especially with snow days! ;) -Brittany