Friday, March 28, 2014

Mavs

Well, that's the name of our Dallas basketball team--the Mavericks--but also one of the blocks I've been working on.  I've gotten five little maverick star blocks done (they're so cute!!).















AND I've gotten a bunch more of these done.  Think I counted 65 or thereabouts and I'm shooting for an 8X10 layout so only a few more will be needed.  Then it's just a matter of a stitching them all together and adding a border.  I think it will be a QOV quilt.  Maybe I should let my friend, JoAnne, finish it for me; she's gotten so good at that!  HAHA















I also have 30 of the QOV blocks like Kevin's doing but I'll just piece my own top and get it quilted.  I have enough for a 5X6 layout but think I'll go one bigger each way so that means I'll need 12 more blocks.  I think I can, I think I can......

3 comments:

PeggyB said...

I love the stars.

JoAnne said...

Just what I need - more work! I just finished binding the next raffle quilt for BCQG and now have 6 baby quilts to pillowcase and birth for my church group. Will I ever get back to my own stuff???? DearJane just waits patiently, on the back burner.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I haven't made it to my sewing room in days. :( I love your star blocks...I'd have a hard time giving it away! blessings, marlene