Sunday, March 23, 2014

Scrappy challenge-bowties

I don't THINK I ever showed the four bowties for the monthly scrappy challenge over at So Scrappy.  This month is teal (or somewhere between blue and green!) and I've only gotten the four bowties done this month.  I really should try to get more done but I'm thinking once we hit the end of the year, all the bowties will probably go into a baby quilt for donation so don't think I need a whole bunch in any one given color.




I've been working on another baby rag quilt but working SLOWLY!  I did get a cute little easy baby quilt done for a baby shower.  The nursery colors are black and white so got some flannel in black and white and then a black minkee-type (read SOFT!!) fabric and just stitched around the outside with right sides together then 'birthed' it and stitched about 3" around the edges.  Will be good for the car seat or carrier but may not get used much since the baby's due in July and it's HOT here in July!
 
I got a few things planted in the yard yesterday..one blackberry (have one more to plant) and a few flowers plus two tomato plants.  We'll see if any survive!!  LOL
 

3 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

The bow ties are lovely and should be a great addition to a baby quilt. Lucky you to have to make so many.

Deb A said...

Bow ties would make a great baby quilt. Love your fabrics.

Sheila said...

Love your fabrics.