Thursday, May 15, 2014

Kim Diehl workshop day!















Today was our guild workshop with Kim Diehl.  Lots of enthusiastic students held rapt by their teacher.  She's explaining one of her process in prepping quilt pieces and parts!














More of the students surrounding the teacher with the project of the day displayed behind them.













JoAnne working away on a small part of the project, making sure it's free of wrinkles.  HA

Many of the gals brought their own individual lunch but a few brought salads, fruit and other assorted goodies to share.  It was a great day accompanied by a yummy lunch!!  Maybe I'll have something to show of what I worked on shortly--we'll see.

Oh, and in preparation for the grueling day ahead of me, I went to the spa last night and had a massage and facial--HEAVENLY!!  Maybe that's why I was so alert and JoAnne could barely keep her eyes open.  HAHA









3 comments:

JoAnne said...

I did get a 15 minute snooze after I got home but it wasn't enough! Maybe I can catch up today! It was a fun day and good to learn a few new tricks for applique.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wish I could have been there. I have all her books except the newest one and I'm going to order it next week. blessings, marlene

William Connors said...

Oh my! Joanne looks really enthusiastic while working on the project. You can tell how much she enjoyed the activity by looking at the photos. Hahaha! Anyway, I hope you had a great time with your "me time," from the facial and the massage. I'm sure it helped relieve you from any stressors you've been experiencing lately. Take care! :)

William Connors @ The Healing Station